Saturday, May 20, 2006

Who'd Have Thunk It?

Previously in this spot was a post celebrating my 16th wedding anniversary. In it were some thoughts about how a couple gets that far, and how by that point it's sort of a given that it's a forever kind of thing.

I guess nothing is forever.

Lisa and I made it another 2+ years since that post, but then seem to have come to a fork in the road. As I write this, events are fresh in my mind and I have to be careful what I say. Lisa will always have a special place in my heart. If I live to be 75, she will have been my girl for 1/3 of my life. That's pretty serious stuff. Yet, when you think about it, we each could still end up with a mate who could at that age account for nearly half our lives. Always stay positive, right?

Here's hoping we both end up happy.

No comments: