Friday, June 02, 2006

Let's Roll



OK, looks like I'm about ready to head south here in a few minutes. Destination: Mississippi River Delta. The weatherman says I'm in for some tough sledding right off the bat; although it's not raining now, it doesn't look like I'll get far before suiting up. Tomorrow is supposed to be a 90 degree Mississippi day. By Monday, though, the forecast looks flat-out perfect for the rest of the week. I know, never bet on the weather.

If everything goes right, I'll be in Southern Mississippi by supper tomorrow. I had planned to ride until around midnight tonight. But riding in the dark in the rain is kind of unsettling for me, and I don't scare easily. Looking through wet lenses during the day is a challenge, but at night it's an altogether different story. I'm not going to fight that battle for long. We shall see...

No comments: